This blog post provides information about the capabilities of NOOK Developer reporting tools and also addresses questions that you may have regarding our payment and billing processes.
We hope that after reading this post you have a better understanding of how to use our online reports.
Once your application has been live for at least 2 days on the US or UK catalog you can view your revenue sales and download stats by logging into http://nookdeveloper.barnesandnoble.com and access the “Reports” area as shown below.
The screen shots below show an example of the Reports sections and the information that is available to you.
In the chart and details area you can do the following:
1. Keep track of your sales and number of units sold by looking at the “Chart” view. You can be organized the data by date, application, and currency (GBP and USD).
2. See your revenue breakdown by application and date for both UK and US sales by selecting the “Details” view.
Note: Developers receive 70% of their app sales. For example, if you sell an application for $ 0.99, sales reports will show $0.69 that is the 70% cut, the other 30% is automatically given to B&N.
3. Download a .csv file arranged by month and application by selecting the “Export CSV” link.
2014 Payment Schedule
Included below is the payment schedule for 2014. All payments will be processed on the day listed below. International vendors should allow 3-5 business days to receive payment.
|PROCESSING DATE||PAYMENT INCLUDES|
|January 30th||December sales|
|February 28th||January sales|
|March 28th||February sales|
|April 30th||March sales|
|May 30th||April sales|
|June 30th||May sales|
|July 30th||June sales|
|August 29th||July sales|
|September 30th||August sales|
|October 30th||September sales|
|November 26th||October sales|
|December 30th||November sales|
Note: Payments are for the sales from the previous month. Example – January’s payment is for sales made in the month of December.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Q: When do I get paid?
A: All payments are made at the end of the month for the previous month sales. For example, if you sell apps in June sales for those apps sold are paid to you in your July payment. See both the payment schedule within this document and the NOOK Device Application Distribution Agreement for more information.
2. Q: Why have I not been paid for my app sales?
A: NOOK Apps pays accounts on a NET Thirty basis (or on the thirtieth day of the proceeding month) and only if your sales reach the $10 minimum for domestic vendors and $50 for International developers.
3. Q: How do I get paid for my UK sales?
A: All developers, international and domestic, receive their final combined payments (UK + US sales) in USD. The conversion from GBP to USD happens automatically at the time of the purchase and the most current currency exchange rates are applied.
4. Q: How do international developers get paid?
A: International developers are sent checks at the end of each month once the $50 threshold is reached.
5. Q: When do I receive my yearly earnings statement?
A: Yearly 1099 earnings reports are sent to all domestic developers in early February. Note: S and C corporations do not receive 1099 reports.
6. Q: Still Have Questions?
A: Get in touch with NOOK Developer Support.